San Francisco Employment Visa Lawyer

PERM Applications (Labor Certifications) and Employment Visa Immigration Services

PERM and Employment-based immigration is a complicated field involving many potential options and requirements. Employers looking to hire a foreign worker need an efficient and experienced lawyer to help them address their concerns. The PERM process can be taxing and complex. I understand the intricacies and subtle differences in EB-2 and EB-3 preference categories. My goal is to reach the best results and most efficient outcomes to get the I-140 and I-485 approved as expeditiously as possible. This also includes navigating between the complex waters of H-1B to H-4 changes of status amongst spouses, 7th year H-1Bs, traveling outside the country with Advance Parole and H visas, and AC21 porting rules. I have years of experience with EB-4 Special Immigrant Religious Workers and the various religious occupations. Individuals looking to work or study in the United States should be prepared to present the appropriate documentation and provide the correct answers throughout the process to maximize their chances of securing a visa. At the Law Office of Marcia I. Perez, I have years of experience helping people through the immigration process. From my California offices, I assist clients from all over the United States. To schedule a consultation regarding any employment-based immigration concern, contact my San Francisco office by e-mail or call toll free at 888-712-4012.

Understanding Your Options

Over the course of my practice, I have handled almost every type of immigrant and non-immigrant visa and immigration law case, from the very simple to the highly complex, including, H-1B work visas, B-1 and B-2 visas and extensions, F-1 student and M-1 vocational school visa, L-1 Intracompany transfers, P for athletes and performers, R-1s for religious workers, R, S, T and U visas. I assist clients in extending J visas and in obtaining a waiver for the 2-year residency. I handle PERM certifications (previously known as labor certification) and I-140 petitions. Whatever your situation, I can help you find the right strategy to protect your interests. As an experienced San Francisco employment visa attorney, I have experience with:

  • H-1B Visas: Employment visas for specialty occupations — There is a shortage of educated U.S. workers in may professional occupations. I can assist employers quickly and efficiently in meeting their needs to employ innovative and educated foreign workers, as well as assist the employee in securing their H-1B U.S. job offer. I also represent workers in their AC21 matters to port off to new employment. The H-1B visa boils down to a simple formula that can be very difficult to meet sometimes: “Is the job a professional occupation requiring a worker with a specific degree and does the worker have that degree or equivalency?”
  • L-1 Visas — These visas are for intracompany transfers of managers, executives and positions requiring specialized knowledge. L-1 visas are for temporary workers who continue to work for the same employer, its affiliates or subsidiaries in the United States. L visas (excluding the specialized knowledge category) can lead directly to Legal Permanent Residency (“green card”) without the need of a PERM (labor certification), which can save the applicant years of waiting and thousands of dollars in legal and advertising fees. Legal Permanent Residency (LPR) status can be granted in less than one year after filing in most cases.
  • O Visas — For persons who posses “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics” which has been demonstrated with national or international acclaim. This category can be vast and all encompassing, including such occupations as hotel operations managers, craftsmen, lecturers, culinary artists and any field of creative activity or endeavor. The arts do not include only the principle performer or creative originator but other essential personnel integral to the performance or production.
  • P Visas — These visas are for athletes, group entertainers and talented individuals. I can assist in bringing athletic teams, dance groups, and acting troupes to the United States for performances and tours. Other essential personnel integral to the performance may also receive a P visa, including, coaches, trainers, choreographers, and instructors. P-3 visas are reserved for culturally unique programs and organizations that need individual artists, instructors, dance directors or entertainers that further the understanding or development of his or her art form.
  • R Visas — These visas are intended for clergy (i.e., ministers, imams, rabbis, priests, etc.) and religious workers who are fully authorized and trained in their respective religious denominations. This category includes religious occupations with traditional non-secular functions such as nuns, monks, cantors and various other religious vocations that require a life long commitment to their vows. R-1 visas permit religious workers and their families to stay in the U.S. for up to 5 years and commonly turn into special immigrant visas for legal permanent residency (“green cards”).

Creative Solutions And Aggressive Representation

My focus always remains on getting results for my clients. As a dedicated immigration attorney, I am up to date on the latest changes and strategies used to resolve employment immigration concerns. I am aggressive in seeking the best possible solution for my clients. For skilled representation in any immigration law matter, please contact my office online or call toll free at 888-712-4012.